Friday, June 04, 2010

The Last (stubborn) Two Inches

Sometime between spring break and about three weeks ago, I gained four inches around my waist. Well, spring break was when I had my dress measured and fitted. So you can see what the problem is. I went from 29" to about 33" in 10 weeks. Not cool, body, not cool.

I'm not exactly sure how this happened. I don't have a problem fitting into any of my clothes. None of my pants are too tight. My shirts are fine. However, I did notice slightly more pudge around the mid-section. Not attractive. Not sexy. I liked my mid-section the way it was....but now, not so much.

And yes, there are people out there right now who are saying "Anna, you're already thin for your height." Which is true. I won't argue that. I don't look bad. But in order to fit into my dress without having it re-altered a week before the wedding, I've got to lose 2 more inches around my waist.

Thanks to my super thin fiancé, I've got quite a bit of motivation. He must have the metabolism of a long-distance runner, because, even though he's gained 10 lbs. in the last three weeks (yay!) it looks like it's all muscle. I honestly can't see where he's put the 10 lbs. AND his suit still fits him perfectly, if not better than the day we bought it.

Anyway, he's been making me work out with him, and it's helped. Over the last two weeks, I've lost 2.5" inches. I'm down to 30.5" around my waist. So I've only got about two more inches to go. We've been walking/running on the treadmill for about 15-20 mins over the last two weeks, lifting weights, and I've been doing yoga intermittently throughout the week, along with pilates workouts.

Whaddya know? Burning calories seems to be the best way to, if not lose weight, at least lose inches and gain muscle, which in turn burns more calories.

To motivate myself, I've told me that unless I work out every day this weekend, I can't have any ice cream. So, until Sunday night, no ice cream. :( We'll see if it works.

No comments: