Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Registry

First off, I'm not entirely sure what the point in registering was because most people have given us giftcards up to this point. I'm not bitter and it's not that I'm not thankful, but I did spend 6 hours registering for gifts at two different stores.

Secondly, today I spent about an hour or two paring down the registries at both stores. One, so that if in the next week, people purchase things off our registry, we get things that we really want or need. Two, because our registry was hugely disproportionate to the number of people that RSVPed to the wedding. We invited about 200 guests and 60 are actually coming. I didn't see a reason to have 20 pages worth of items.

Registering at Bed Bath and Beyond was a huge pain and I hope to never repeat that again. While I'm excited about some of the items on that list, every time I go into that store, someone asks if they can help you every five seconds. You can't walk around with a registry list in your hand or a scanner without someone checking in on you, asking why you didn't register for this, or that, or the other.

It's funny, because the stuff you get that you put on your registry isn't necessarily the stuff that you really need. And by need, I mean, need. Like dishes. And silverware.

But! Ben's coworkers did throw him an amazing party and bought us a very nice gift card. Which means we can now go on a shopping spree at Target after the wedding. On our top ten is silverware, a set of dishes, a set of knives, a good set of pots and pans, pizza stone, tortilla warmer, and quite possibly the softest blanket ever made.

I'm excited to be able to shop for stuff after the wedding. :)

No comments: