Wednesday, June 02, 2010

And the key is....

....keeping it simple.

I think I might be having the most simple wedding on the face of the planet. That is, of course, until my friend Sam gets married. And hers will be even more simple.

I don't see any holes yet in our fool-proof plan for a stress free wedding day, other than it's so early in the day that I have to get up at 5AM to start getting ready to make sure I can head out the door at 8:45AM. The cake and food and flowers should all be ready by that time and at the church. The only thing we have to do is make sure that everyone gets there.

It's a weird feeling, I guess, because it seems like I should have LOTS lots more to do right now, but not really. People start getting here in the middle of next week. And then things start to get really, really busy.

Otherwise, I got the job at The Icing in the mall as a Third Key (kind of part-time manager). I can't fire or hire anyone, but I get to count the drawers and fill out paperwork and catch shoplifters. Someday I'd like to have a real job, but you do what you can. If nothing else it'll be nice not to be sitting at our apartment all day long.

I feel like I should have a big-girl job right now, especially considering I just got done with a $100,000 college career. Instead, I'm working at the mall. We need the income, though, even if it's only a pittance. Any extra cash would be better than none.

I still need to figure out what to get the fiancé as a wedding gift. I'm thinking of going to Barnes and Noble to look around for a while and try to find something fun that he'd enjoy. I'm drawing blanks as to what that would be, but there's got to be something out there.

No comments: