Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Latest News from . . .

So I'm still on Christmas break. I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and has a great first day of the new year.

When my grandmother (my dad's mom) comes to our house, it's tradition that she takes us shopping. She enjoys spending money. . .but only on other people, which, I guess, if you're going to spend it you should spend it on others, right? Anyway, she took me clothes shopping. Now, none of the people reading this have probably seen my wardrobe in the last couple of years, but it's become kind of pathetic. I basically wear jeans, and girly t-shirts every day, all day, and I've pretty much stopped dressing up for any occasion, even church (I figure God understands that I have to get up at 7:30 to go to church). I have three pairs of Keds that I wear all the time. That's pretty much it.

We're in a store called Herberger's, which is basically a Minnesota version of Dillard's. My dad leans over and says "We're here, she's buying. Get yourself a couple of nice outfits." He then proceeds to walk away. When he comes back, I asked him if he was insulting my wardrobe. He said yes and that I need new clothes. :P

I've proceeded to buy four sweaters, a pair of jeans, an insulated vest, a new coat, a fleece pullover, a new, black skirt slightly longer than knee length, a paisley blue hoodie, a new pair of snow boots, and a turtle neck shirt. I also got a new green long sleeve shirt, new pajamas, and a green fleece hoodie for Christmas. The nice thing is that some of these clothes will last me years (like the coat, boots, and vest, and a couple of the sweaters). I've been debating on whether or not to start a new wardrobe, and I think I've already answered yes. A lot of the clothes I've been wearing have reached the limit of their potential, and it's time to start afresh.

In the meantime, I've been looking into Lomography. Specifically, the Fish Eye 2. It's an investment, though, and I'm not sure I'm ready to spend that much money on a hobby. However, lomography as a whole looks fantastic.

No comments: