Sunday, December 14, 2008

Books to Read Over Break

I don't get to read much for pure enjoyment when I'm at school simply because I'm so busy. So, I'm planning to, I hope, read over Christmas break. I've been reading Twilight (which, imnsho, is one of the most poorly written books I think I've ever read), and I want to finish that, but I'd also like to read:

1. Man and His Symbols - Carl Jung

I've been trying to get into more of the theory behind design aesthetics. There's so much more to design/composition than one would think. Anyone who says that "art is dead" or that "the best era of art has come and gone" needs to read and look at more.

2. A Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde

I love Oscar Wilde's writing. He's pretty fantastic. I started the book over the summer and forgot to bring it back with me, so I'll probably just start reading it over again.

3. Ella Minnow Pea

I've heard this book is absolutely amazing, so I've decided to find out for myself.

I wish there was more time, but I honestly think three books is ambitious in and of itself, especially since I'll be working near full-time over break. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: